Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Shoe Must Go on! Marikina City's Sapatos Festival


I was at Marikina City the other week and I saw the posters about this event. I was really excited about this and made a mental note of the event that will be happening from October 3 to November 18! So if you love shoes and are proud of our Filipino-made foot wears, you really shouldn't miss this event!




I checked out their schedule of events on the website of Marikina City and lauded their public information team for their awesome website. You can find here the date and the venue for the Sapatos Festival. You can also watch the official teaser for Sapatos Festival in Youtube! This is absolutely an event full of fun and surprises as the only Shoe Capital in the Philippines salute all the people who is a part of the shoe industry in the city.



Some of the events that you shouldn't miss are the following: Shoe Exhibit in October 8-9 at SM Masinag and October 22-23 in SM Marikina; Jazz Up My Shoe (Shoe designing contest) November 17 at the Shoe Museum; Fashion Shoe in November 18 at SM Marikina; and the culminating activity Gabi ng Parangal sa Industriya ng Sapatos at Konsyerto sa Plaza, November 18 at Kapitan Moy Plaza.

The leading Men's Magazine, FHM, even made a funny post about the Tour de Takong - a stiletto race in November 18, at Shoe Avenue Marikina City. Aren't you just as excited as FHM to see hot girls race in their stiletto shoes?!









I'll be posting my photos and experience when I attended some of the events above. See you at the Marikina City's Sapatos Festival! The Shoe Must go on! 

3 comments:

  1. This. Sounds. AWESOME. Stiletto race? Sign me up!

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I guess the cash prize won't even add up to running in those heels! Anyway. let's just see how you run in stilettos then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi bec! thanks for following my blog.. hope you drop by again and read my stuffs. :)

    I just followed back. God bless us fellow bloggers! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...