Saturday, April 16, 2011

For the First Time: The Script Live in Manila



Nothing beats the first time, and I’m glad that they had been a part of it and though I was just screaming at the upper B section of the Araneta Colisuem and my voice was drowned by 8,000 other fans who are there to hail this wonderful band, I'm sure that that night is actually one of the most wonderful experiences I had so far. :) 

That night really blew me away from the very start when the Big Dome went lights off and the guitarist, Mark, took the center stage and played the intro of “You Won’t feel a Thing”. There were thousands of camera flashes that almost lit up the coliseum but there were even more hands swaying as we greeted this Irish band.



Chairs were actually useless that night, because I won’t really mind standing for whole two hours or even more, if only to sing and dance, and rock and roll to their music. It was magical to sing with the Big Dome, and videos in youtube proved how Danny lit up as the crowd sang with him, how heartfelt every word was, and how the crowd enjoyed the whole thing. I can really feel how grateful he was as an artist to see Pinoy Crowd went gaga over their music. But damn, these guys were just plainly awesome.







I was actually torn between recording their performance or going with the flow of their music. Nonetheless, I tried to capture one of their best-selling song, The Man Who Can't be Moved, and just relished how the camera flashes looked like fireflies inside the coliseum. Goosebumps!




I guess one of the best parts of that concert was to see the crowd go senti over I’m Yours, that even the couple in front of us swing side by side in a very sweet slow dance. My heart almost stopped beating with that acoustic, and Danny was really a lover in every note. That was simply the most knee melting, heart popping, ear pleasing song he ever played.


They ended the night with an encore of Breakeven and For the First Time, and for the last time had the crowd on their feet. There were goosebumps all over my body as I saw how their music united those people, how thunderous those voices were and how The Script really connected with us their audience.




It had been one of the best nights of my life so far. Of course it won’t be complete without these people I was with -my Kuya Bam and his girlfriend, Anna, and Bowgs, my officemate. :)




*cheers for the good Music!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...