Monday, August 8, 2011

World Food Expo 2011: Culinary Cup Dress the Cake Competition



We went to the World Food Expo 2011 (WOFEX) at SMX Convention Center last Saturday. And being all gaga for sweets, especially cakes, I guess this was my favorite part of the expo. The cake designs were very creative and others were really intricately detailed, some were just elegantly simple.

The cakes looked exceptionally pleasing for the eye that I couldn’t help but wish they’re made for tasting, too. (when I saw a sign saying “wag po nating hawakan o kainin ang mga cake display..” I couldn’t help but mischievously grin.. and sigh.. haha!)



These were some of the entries for 2011 Philippine Culinary Cup, Pastry Category under wedding cakes, and dress-the-cake. The entries which won Gold, Silver and Bronze were really amazing and received the most number of appreciation from the expo visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...