Tuesday, August 9, 2011

World Food Expo 2011: The Country's Biggest and Most Effective Food Show!



Aside from a comfortable stay, there's one more thing that I am thankful of Microtel Inn. It's the free pass I got from them to the World Food Expo 2011that was held last August 3-6 at the SMX Convention Center Pasay City.

Who would have thought that the simple leaflet inside Microtel's Shuttle could bring me to this awesome trade and food show!




So last August 5, I dragged my friend and avail of the free pass. Then we roam around to look at the latest kitchen items like pans, plates, wine glasses and utensils that were available on sale. There was also a display of kitchen appliances like ovens, stoves, refrigerators and food processors. We really had a great time imagining having it inside our homes! Such a class!

We were walking aimlessly inside SMX when something caught my attention. An awesome display of beautifully designed cakes on the other side of the expo! So we hurriedly checked it out, and behold! Elegant wedding cakes, plated desserts, and bread and pastries too!











I really had fun looking at those food and silently admired those hands that mold and created those goodness. At the bottom of my heart I was also thinking what kind of cake would fit my dream wedding! Ahhh.. that must be beautiful! Haha. 


There was also ice sculptures that were on display that day and although some of them were already melting when we came, I still love the idea of ice being turned into a work of art. 

A cooking competition dubbed as Philippine Culinary Cup, participated by culinary students and chefs was also held during the World Food Expo. It's really nice to look at how those people work with their kitchen knife and wok. That will surely be a tough competition among them. Just like my brother who had been a cook for so long always say, "nobody beats me in my kitchen!".




There was also a section in the expo where you can buy locally produced items just like this bottled calamansi among other stuffs. There was also an area dedicated for your favorite processed food like hotdogs, tocino, longganisa, embotido.. name it, they surely have it! 






I am really grateful for Microtel Inn being the Official Expo Hotel for this event and giving away a free pass to this kind of event is really a great way to treat their visitors. 

With the success of World Food Expo in terms of exhibitors and visitors, I know that there next year's expo is something we should all watch out for. If you are an HRM student, taking culinary studies, a mom or just plainly curious about the latest thing about food industry you definitely shouldn't miss their next event!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...