Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Writer's Block Philippines: Feature Writing 101!



♪♫I'm so excited! and I just can't hide it!..♪♫

Yeah! I was literally singing and dancing to that song when my brother finally made his payment to let me attend Writer's Block Philippines': Feature Writing 101 which will be held on September 17, in Powerbooks Greenbelt 4.

Writer's Block Philippines will hold the version 2.0 of their one day workshop that will teach the participants the basic on feature writing and how to get their works published. This will essentially help them to "pursue their passion and live to write about it...".

I've been blogging for almost four years but it's just recently that I decided to turn it into a career. I guess one way to really enjoy life is to do what you really love and get paid for it. But before I imagine myself living life on the fast lane, I should first equip myself with the basics and the right knowledge to really understand what I want to do and how to do it. Feature Writing 101 is definitely just right about it!



How a simple letter lead me here.


Months ago, when I was just beginning to figure out what I want to do about my life, I came across the website Our Awesome Planet and decided to subscribe via email. After receiving a couple of mails, I emailed Anton Diaz of OAP to thank him how he inspired me a lot without even knowing it. In his reply he asked me to check out Writer's Block Philippines' website which I gratefully did. That time WBP is just about to hold their How to Launch Your Freelance Writing Career Workshop which I unfortunately missed. So I really promised myself to attend the next workshop, so here we are!


I guess making your dreams come true is about the passion to achieve it, the skills to possess it, and being in the right place where you can pursue it. So I guess I just have to be in Greenbelt 4 on September 14, and take my first step towards my dreams through this workshop, Feature Writing 101! See you everyone!






P.S.
before I end my blabbering, I really want to thank my Kuya San for the love and support and especially for letting me attend this workshop. This will be the most amazing pre-birthday gift you've given me. Your support will surely go a long way. I love you to the core, to the moon and back! :) -bunso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...